Friday, August 10, 2012

When Things Fall Into Place

I'm a huge believer that things happen for a reason, I believe in God, and that he has a plan for us...I also believe that sometimes we are the worse distraction of us reaching our own passions and success.

This last week these believes have hit me smack in my face. It all began while I was in the hospital. It was Sunday morning and I had been there since the day prior...I was tired, bored, hungry (they wouldn't let me eat). Hubs and the girls wouldn't be arriving for a while and I had watched enough of the Olympics coverage during my sleepless night.

I flipped thru the few TV stations that are available and stopped on a church service. It was Joel Osteen, I barely know who he is. I think I've seen a book or two of his but never listened to him or watched his TV show. But I thought what the heck, why not. I had intentions of going to church on Sunday but instead I was in the hospital. So I watched and listened...and something he said stuck with me. He talked about God equipping all of us to be a success, providing us with all the tools we need to realize our own dreams...but most times we fall sort. Why do we fall short? We put ourselves down..."not pretty enough", "not smart enough", "it will never work", "I didn't go to college"....pretty much everything we tell ourselves or others tell us. I can't tell you how many times I have done this to myself...or at work being denied promotions and raises because of one of these things. Why did I do it or let it happen? Well...it's not an easy thing to overcome.

After the show my day continued on...the Hubs and girls arrived. I nursed A and about 20 minutes later E wanted to go back home and nap. They left (I cried...yes, I HATE leaving my girls and I wanted to take them home), then I showered and my Mom came...she brought some more magazines and a much needed hairdryer. We talked and after a while the Dr came in to say I could continue to heal at home )Thank GOD!!

E and her BFF Brea at Bible School Camp.
E was so happy that she tackled Brea with a hug!

A couple of days passed and our dear friend Kristin invited the girls and I to her church's bible camp. Her daughter and E are best friends! So we went on Wednesday and back again Friday. Friday's camp had more kids so Kristin, another Mom, and I took our rambunctious toddlers and went outside to chat and play. Well the 'other mom' is Emily (her blog: www.ellaryeboutique.blogspot.com ) ...a self made business owner who sells on Etsy (her shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ellaryeboutique) . Her customers includes celebrities, and her business is booming like she never thought it could. As it would turn out, I dressed E in one of my creations and Emily loved it and we began to talk all about Etsy and the opportunity out there for me.

I've already read her entire blog, have a list of things I need to read up on and a to-do list to improve my own Etsy shop. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Emily has graciously offered to meet with me and help me out, any advice from her would be fantastic. But I'm also re-energized. I feel like God is giving me these little nudges, saying "here it is....go for it"...and Hubs is giving me some bigger nudges to follow my dream.

So my point today is rather simple. Sometimes you have to just sit back and watch/listen/take it all in and you can find those 'signs' you were/are looking for. I'm not saying that I'm going to for sure have a success on my hands, but I'm going to move forward...try my best and I may succeed or I may fail. Either way I will try.

Follow your dreams, who knows what you may end up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment