Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Looking Good

One of my first posts was about E's struggles with her gymnastics class. I was torn...not sure if I should continue on with the class or to stop. Well we continued on and things began to improve. I stopped rushing out the door, in a hurry to get there with time to spare. Instead I leave the house when we are ready and we are typically there on time or a few minutes late. I also changed MY attitude. E is going to be herself and I'm decided to smile and just enjoy it, basically I stopped caring what the other Mom's thought of me or their stares.

It's WORKING! Since these small changes E has been a joy to take to class. For the most part she follows direction, the class, and our activities. It's been a real eye opener for me, to see how my attitude impacts her. All that rushing around and nervousness on my part directly impacts her and her actions and behavior.

Obviously my plan isn't to teach her to be late to all her activities or not to care. But I think we have a happy medium and we can all enjoy our day!


On top of this we are doing really good with potty training. E is for the most part making it all day long to the potty. Today she had one miss but that was the first in a few days. She is just amazing me with how smart she is and how quickly she is catching on!



Today was a very fun day. Gymnastics was fun and then we came home for naps and lunch. After that we had fun with books, flash cards and cutting/gluing paper. The girls had so much fun and so did I!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment