Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Favorite Things

Look at this a timely post for the week...whoo hoo!!

I really need to jot things down during the week, I swear I have about a million fun things to share but always forget when I sit down to type. But hey...I'm 1 month into "blogging" so I'm sure I'll find out some tricks of the trade as I progress along.

As a family we love our canteens. No...not the old, ugly ones that hikers use to carry around. (see below).


My dear Father-In-Law read an article a year or two ago. I don't have the articles's title or a copy of it, but from his recap the article talked about the link of people who drink from plastic water bottles and increases in cancer. It was mostly due to the bottles being left in hot cars/outside/etc and then used. The chemicals in the plastic leaked into the drinking water and then was consumed. Yuck! So my father-in-law called the family to tell us about the findings. He made it a point to call both Hubs and I since we always are carrying around water bottles.

So I thought why not listen and make a small investment for our health? And safe the planet from a number of wasted bottles. So EVERYONE in the family has their own Canteens...well Kanteens.

A's:

Kid Kanteen® Baby Bottles (9oz)


Advantages:
  • Constructed out of 100 percent 18/8 food grade stainless steel, without any plastic liners or even closure threads. 
  • The practically indestructible bottle is dishwasher safe and easy to sterilize--with a rounded, baby-friendly design that won't trap germs or bacteria. 
  • The bottle comes with a medical-grade silicone nipple appropriate for babies aged six months old and up. The nipple can be interchanged with any nipple from newborn slow-flow to fast flow for older babies. 
  • When your baby has outgrown bottle feeding, the lid can be interchanged with a variety of other Klean Kanteen lids and used as a cup or for food storage. 
  • Easy to heat up milk...just run under hot water and milk heats up quickly
  • Mark bottle with date of milk pumped...markers wash off!
E's:


  • Pretty much everything I mentioned above, plus it comes apart on every spot to put in dishwasher to keep super clean (this sounds like a no-brainer but you'd be surprised with some sippy cups!!)

Hubs & Mine:

Klean Kanteen Coffee Set Wide Mouth Insulated Bottle w/ 2 Caps (Stainless Loop Cap and Cafe Cap)


AND


Advantages:
  • These (well any of this brand's) can be used for hot or cold items! They do awesome keeping items both hot or cold.
I love these and we all use ours everyday...all day long! A few dollars upfront but it's saved us from buying bottles of water or juices from the gas stations!

Have a great day!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment