Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trying it Tuesday

I know, it's another late-in-the-day post. But I'm still getting back into my routine from my weekend away. I'm feeling better and trying to get my thoughts back together. The girls are happy to have me back home...and so it Hubs! He really stepped up to the plate while I was away...and so did Ma-Ma (Grandma) both took the girls and cared for them. It wasn't an easy task considering that A breastfeeds and luckily I had a freezer filled with milk....but A HATES the bottle. The 36 hours I was away she refused the bottle. Ma-Ma had the brilliant idea of going back to putting the milk into her food. She took the milk that way...thankfully! Then they all took turns visiting me as well, and bringing me items to fill my time up. I'm one super lucky lady!!

Back to Trying it Tuesday....

For the Home:
Now that I'm home I'm in a cleaning mode....maybe it's super late Spring cleaning? Or I think it may be more the fact that I have a 2 year old that's potty training and a 8 month old that is crawling and putting everything in her mouth. Luckily the girls are taking pretty good naps and giving me some time to clean things up.

Tonight I'm "deep cleaning" the stove top. We have a gas range and the burners are disgusting...so I went to Pinterest and read up about the Ammonia/Bag trick. It says to put the burners into a bag (ziplock or garbage depending on the sizes) and add some ammonia...seal up and let soak over night. So I did it all and have it sitting out on our deck. I'm hoping that tomorrow I will wake up and have a super clean set of burners. I will let you all know tomorrow if it worked (or if it didn't).


For the Family:
I'm pretty excited...the girls and I were invitees to a kids/Mom mini-vacation bible school. It's only 1.5 hours long each day for a week long. We will make our first appearance tomorrow (assuming I'm still feeling good). Our dear friend invited us, her in-laws are the pastor and pastor's wife of the church hosting the camp. I'm excited to see E's response to the experience.

I hope everyone has a good night!
-A

2 comments: