Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Custom

I can't stop smiling...my Etsy shop is up and running. And thanks to Kristin (old nanny and dear friend) who gave me invaluable help, suggestions, photos and support I have a few sales under my belt. But this latest is really making me smile. I have a custom order. I can't really pin point why this is so exciting for me, perhaps its that she found my shop and liked my dresses so much that she wanted a special one made for her little one. Plus she is going to have her daughter wearing it for their family photos in October! This is just so exciting for me.

Here are the fabrics I will be working with:

I am in love with the colors and patterns. I can't wait to post pictures of the finished product. I'm so excited to get my hands on these fabrics and begin!

The next step? I am working with a graphic designer to have my business's items created (cards, site, etc). I could do this myself but I am learning that I HAVE to keep my focus and it would take me to long to create what I'm looking for. I'm really excited to see what she comes up with. It's a great opportunity to have someone look at my items, my blog, and interview and she what she comes up with. Once the business items are complete she will also help me with updating the look/design of this blog.

This is a really exciting time for me and my family. I'm not getting my hopes up to high...just enjoying the ride!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment