Sunday, July 29, 2012

What I'm Reading

I love to read, granted I can't always get the time I would like in for reading. But I do enjoy it...especially when the topics are about things I love. I typically have a handful of books that I am reading and here are a couple of those that I am loving right now.

Baby Play (Gymboree)




Great resource for activities for your 12 month to 3 year old. You can flip to the age group your interested in and learn all kinds of fun games to play together and the educational benefits as well. I try to incorporate a couple of their items into each week with E. Sometimes I feel like I've hit a wall on new activities, especially on a rainy (or in our case lately, super hot) days that we can't go outside. 



Love this book. I love yoga and the many benefits is brings to me and I want to provide this to my girls as well. Just like the above book this one is broken into groups...but by their development (sitting up, rolling over, etc.) A loves her 'yoga' time and it's helps her with gas pains, sleeping, and fussing. I will be recommending this to my girlfriends that are expecting!

*I just found out their is a toddler version of this book. I have to put this on my 'wish list'!!!






I've found a new adventure...gardening. We rent out a spot at a friend's farm for the season and we planted. This is our first garden ever...for any of us. And it's such a huge learning curve, I've learned so much. This project was a 'family' one, but due to schedules and such it's really turned into my project. And I can't lie...I don't mind it. I even enjoy it. The only downfall is that I wish I could spend more time there. But we are reaping the benefits already. We have more lettuce than we are eating, tomatoes are coming in daily and everything else is getting ready to POP! It's so awesome. We will be canning, prepping, freezing up a ton in hopes to supply our family (and our extended family) with yummy goodness for the year!

This book has really helped me learn some 'organic' ways to help our garden grow and succeed.

I love books, these few are just a sample of what is on my nightstand right now. 

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment