Friday, July 27, 2012

Home Helpers

I hate to have things go to waste, and I also hate to have things laying around and unfinished. This brings me to an opened box of peel n' stick laminate tiles. The tiles have been floating around for a little while and today  as I cleaned out our pantry/closet area I vowed I would not move them anymore.

So what can I do with these tiles?? I can 'tile' my under-sink areas (aka bathroom and kitchen). Perfect! We had a water spill a little bit ago under the kitchen sink and the board and since bubbled.

Tonight, after the girls and I said our prayers and they fell asleep I attacked my mini project. Months ago I had done the cabinet in our master bathroom and I would love to share pictures but as of this moment the cabinet needs some straightening up (I will probably edit this post later and include those photos). But here are the pictures of the kitchen.

Before:






And Da-Da-Da....the After:


Total project took about an hour. That included cleaning thru our items under the sink, organizing (and picking out matching containers to store items) taking pictures and the cleanup. The time spent putting in the actual tiles was about 20 minutes.

So happy with these results, plus I went thru all the junk under there and threw a bunch out. As you see we don't have a ton of cleaning supplies any longer. Since I make our multi surface cleaner we don't need much else. This cabinet also holds our extras like light bulbs, sponges, dish brushes and such (they are in the black container behind some supplies.

Take Care
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment