Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Is it normal?

E on the swings...going WHEEEE!!

Well it's Tuesday, which means gymnastics for E. She is such an athletic girl and always climbing, jumping, twirling and such...so gymnastics seemed like the perfect option for her. We are in our 2nd session and I'm just not sure it's right for her.

Now granted today wasn't terrible, and I did forget that this new session starts at 10...not 9:15 so there was a lot of unneeded waiting around before class began. (Not to mention the fact that I ran out of the house thinking I was running late...UGH Mommy Brain strikes again!) But I see the other 1 & 2 year olds and they follow direction and stay with the class....and E?! She's everywhere else...wanting to do the things that we are not allowed to. And I thought that was normal...but the other kids seems far more focused.


 Enjoying our lunch....I swear she was having a ball!
And let's not leave out A was with us too! She loves lunch on the beach. Note E's arm wrapped around my neck.

But the day wasn't a total waste. After class we went to the lakefront park and then enjoyed our lunch on the beach. At the park E was having a ball, she stayed by me..listened (far better than class) and was her normal loving self. I'm torn on signing up again for class or sitting it out for a while. Do I need to have E begin to follow orders and such like many kids have to in daycare and school...or is this one of the benefits of me being home with her? Do I let her thrive as an independent and stubborn at times/creative/imaginative girl??

After lunch E wanted to go into the lake, but Mom forgot the swim bag at home. Ooops! Maybe tomorrow.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment