Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting Back on Track

I'm not kidding, it's just until recently (like the last month or so recently) that I feel like I'm fully back into the swing of things. Before A arrived I was still working but for that last month before she arrived I was told by my Dr that I couldn't work anymore (preterm labor). So I felt like I was always on top of things house, mommy-wise. Luckily for me I was allowed to do light housework.

Then A arrived, 3 weeks early (those who know me most will understand the following) and I still had a list of stuff I wanted to have ready for her arrival. Hubs and I did not know for either pregnancy if we were having a boy or girl. I made crib bedding for a boy but was just about to start that for a girl...I had no clothes to bring her home in and so on. (I know, nothing HUGE...but still).

I can't lie...I was so disappointed in myself. When E arrived we had everything washed, prepped and ready to go. And with A I felt like I wasn't being the same Mom (ugh...Mom guilt, it's the worse) she didn't have an outfit to come home in, no bottles were washed and in the cabinets, her crib was all setup for a boy...and not the adorable, tiny, precious little girl she was/is.

Obviously everything has worked out...Ma-Ma went out the day after A arrive and bought her everything she needed for outfits, buntings, socks, hats and mittens (E was a summer baby). And as youve seen A is adorable...no permanent damage done by me.

But as of today A finally has her own, made by Mommy bedding. Since A was so tiny, and had some sleep issues both Hubs and I agreed to forgo the tradition bumpers and instead bought breathable bumpers...but I did make her the softest, organic cotton fitted crib sheet with decorative panels on the side.


I feel like a better Mommy today....her bed is SO soft...and it was made just for her. Just like all of E's bedding was.  When I laid her down for bed tonight she curled up and I let out a little sigh. I want my children to know how much I love them, and hope they are never jealous and that I'm doing the right things for both of them.

I'll do a post just on the girls room and bedding some day in the future...that wasn't really the intention of my rambling today. :) 

A


No comments:

Post a Comment