Thursday, July 26, 2012

Baby Lead Weaning

I have to admit...I never knew about Baby Lead Weaning (BLW). But I was intrigued, I've been making A's food with our Beaba BabyCook and all has been fine...but BLW had my attention. So what is it? Long story short, when a baby develops their "pincher grip" aka they grab/hold items, you can begin to give them fruits and veggies to gnaw on. You don't make or give them puree foods, just breast milk and real food. It's also for the baby to feed themselves...hence the baby-lead part. Think of the whole "they'll eat if their hungry" idea.

I don't 100% agree with this concept and I don't 100% disagree either. However our little A loves to put things in her mouth and I would rather it be food than other things. So we are a hybrid BLW/tradition baby food family with A. And she seems to love it, just today see dove into a baby seedless cucumber.


Other food A is loving in the BLW fashion are plums, bananas and kiwi. It's very nerve wracking...I watch her like a hawk but shes doing great. I think this is a great mixture for A!

I'm constantly amazed at how my parenting changes for the girls. One thing works for one and then a different for the other.

And here are a few pictures of the girls just being themselves!




Have a great day!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment