Monday, January 28, 2013

A Great Week

It's been a great week. Emily decided to potty train and I can say she is pretty much trained! I'm going to write a post about what worked for us in the near future.

The girls have been in great moods, I think that getting out a little bit each day really helps this. We have another busy week with meetups this week. It's great, all these little outing really help Emily understand that we go potty not just at home.

This week the "game" or "ride" has been bin sledding. Emily dumps out all of her toys from the bins and brings one for her and one for her little sis...yes she is very mindful that Abby is always included. Then Dad has to push them down our make-shift hallway. The girls LOVE it. They start to get ready for their rides as soon as they see Daddy's car pull in from work.


We did get a little...very little...bit of snow yesterday. Emily has been dying to go and play in it. So we bundled up and grabbed the sleds and we pull them around for a little bit. Good thing we took the opportunity when we did. When we woke up this morning the snow was already melted!


I'm excited that I'm sticking to my New Year's resolution to cook more. Which means I plan our meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in advance. For me I plan a month at a time. I love this. I take an hour or two and plan it out making sure we don't do chicken everyday for a week and the such. Then each week I can make my shopping list, look for deals and coupons and it takes almost no time at all. Last week I tried a few new recipes that we love and I will be sharing these here as well...so stay tuned! The meals were all pretty healthy and turned out great and I must say I felt better this past week and I think some of this is due to the healthy meals.

Have a Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment