Thursday, January 17, 2013

Baby Bump 14 Week Update

My first baby bump update for #3. The girls and I just returned from my Dr. appt and running a few errands. The appt was good but I had a scar for a couple of minutes. This little one was hiding for a bit and the nurse had a very difficult time finding the heartbeat, but she did finally and all was good.

Here is a self-belly portrait. I'm going to try and remember to have hubby take one but just in case I forget I will have this one for reference.

Weight:  Up 4 pounds from my last visit (last month) today's weight is 131.5, which sounds like a ton to gain in 1 month but I'm starting off this pregnancy much, much smaller and the Dr was very happy at the weight gain.

Heartbeat: 152. Took the nurse F-O-R-E-V-E-R to find this stinkers heartbeat today.

How Did This Happen?!: Let's be honest, Hubby and I "know" how it happened but we have both been perplexed as to how the precautions didn't work (aka...full strength birth control). Well my Dr looked into it and this is what she figures. I was in the hospital late July with what was thought to be gallbladder attacks. I was given grade C & D medications, which I was told would not affect my breast milk or my birth control. This is true for 99% of people, but it seems that my metabolism is in high gear (which I can agree too with my weight loss) and that all mixed together = lower effectiveness in the birth control. Needless to say we will take permanent precautions after this one arrives. 

Notes from the Dr: Given my history she's got a plan. If I begin to have early contractions, on to the medicine I will go. No need to worry about that with 2 little ones running around. If the contractions come on sooner than before I will work with a nutritionist to help put on some extra weight. I'm also anemic and will begin to take Iron supplements and drink lots and lots of fluids. She says this will help with my shortness of breath and being so tired. I need to avoid/limit my stress. Not easy to do, but she says I need to make this a priority. It's in everyone's best interest. I'm going to start by adding in yoga to my day during the girl's nap time and limit my time in my Etsy shop. 

Dr. also thinks that I can have both girls potty trained before baby arrives. Hmm...sounds like a great idea but only time will tell.

Baby Sex: Still a mystery and not sure if we will find out. I kind of want to. Mostly becuase I want the nursery to be complete before the arrival and know if I can get rid of the girl's stuff. But part of me loves that moment when the baby arrives and we find out. Hubby does not want to know. I have about 4 more weeks before the "big" ultrasound to make up my mind.

Getting Ready for Baby: I've been "pinning" a lot of ideas for the baby room. I also found a dresser that I will be making-over. Hubby and my Dad picked it up and once we move I will begin to work on that.

That's about it. I'm exhausted from the morning. Getting everyone ready/fed and to the Dr by 9a.m. was a workout. I made the next appt for 9:30...I think those extra 30 minutes will do wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment